Ready in: 10:04 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 29.11.2018
- Dissolve the saffron in the hot stock. Cut the Parmesan into rough pieces and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop finely in the blender jug for 10 seconds/speed setting 10. Decant into a bowl and briefly rinse out the blender jug.
- Peel the shallots and garlic and quarter the shallots. Put both ingredients into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 7. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add 25 g butter and the olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, stew with the roast button/3 minutes. Add the risotto rice and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat with the roast button/5 minutes/100 °C. Add 250 ml hot stock and, the measuring beaker not inserted, reduce with the roast button/3 minutes.
- Then add the remaining stock and simmer everything with the reverse button/18 minutes/speed setting 1/95 °C.
- Put the cooking pot on the lid as a splash guard. Once the time has elapsed, add the Parmesan and the remaining butter and mix in for 10 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and spread the rice over it. Allow to cool completely, decant into a bowl and put in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- Divide the rice mixture into 8 portions. Drain the mozzarella and cut into 8 slices. Divide the ham into 8 portions as well. Roll each portion of rice into a ball and press the mozzarella and the ham into the middle.
- With slightly damp hands, form into typical arancini shapes. Then coat the arancini in flour, then in beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Put the sunflower oil in a high-sided pan and heat it up. To test whether it is hot enough, insert the handle of a wooden spoon. If little bubbles rise up, it is at just the right temperature.
- Deep-fry the arancini in portions for 4–5 minutes until they are golden. Drain on kitchen paper. They can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine