Asparagus and orange risotto
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 08.08.2016
Last changes: 01.09.2016
- Add the Parmesan to the blender jug, then process for 10 seconds/speed setting 10. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean the jug.
- Peel the lower part of the asparagus, removing the woody ends. Wash and cut the spears into sections 3 cm long. Place in the deep steamer basket and sprinkle with salt. Fill the blender jug with 1 litre of water and place the steamer basket containing the asparagus in position, then cook for 12 minutes/steamer button. Remove the steamer basket filled with asparagus and set aside. Empty the water from the blender jug and dry well.
- Peel and halve the onion, place in the blender jug and process for 8 seconds/speed setting 5, using the spatula to push the chopped onion down off the sides. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, then sweat for 3 minutes/110 °C/roast button. Add the risotto rice and continue to cook for 2 minutes/110 °C/roast button.
- Add the white wine and vegetable stock to the blender jug, then cook all the ingredients for 20 minutes/90 °C/speed setting 1/reverse button. The rice should be creamy but still firm to the bite. Adjust the amount of liquid, depending on the type of rice used.
- Blend the orange juice, butter and Parmesan into the finished risotto for 1 minute/80 °C/speed setting 2/reverse button. Allow to stand for 10 minutes while the flavours are absorbed, then add the pieces of cooked asparagus and mix for 20 seconds/speed setting 1/reverse button.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine