Asparagus and salmon wrapped in pancake
Ready in: 1:03 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 04.02.2021
Last changes: 14.04.2021
- Remove the rind from the Parmesan and cut into 3-cm dice. Put the pieces into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 20 seconds/speed setting 10. Repeat the process, if desired. Then decant the Parmesan.
- Put 300 ml milk, 200 g flour, the eggs, and ½ teaspoon of salt into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 30 seconds/speed setting 4. Then decant the batter and rinse out the blender jug.
- Wash and peel the asparagus, cut off the woody ends and arrange in the shallow steamer basket. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Pour 1 litre of warm water into the blender jug, place the deep steamer basket on top. Hang the shallow steamer basket inside, close and cook the asparagus with the steamer button/10 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry 4 pancakes from the batter in a non-stick frying pan, using 10 g butter for each one.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C.
- Remove the deep steamer basket and empty the blender jug. Put the remaining butter chopped into pieces into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, melt for 3 minutes/speed setting 2/90 °C. Add 50 g flour and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 20 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add 300 ml milk at room temperature, warm vegetable stock, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and 1 pinch of nutmeg, and, the measuring beaker not inserted, simmer for 10 minutes/speed setting 2/90 °C. Use the spatula to scrape the sauce down the inside of the blender jug, season to taste with salt and pepper, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix again for 10 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Rinse the salmon under cold running water, pat dry and cut into 4 long strips. Brush the pancakes with the cream cheese, place the salmon and asparagus on top, and roll up. Place the rolled-up pancakes in a greased ovenproof dish with the opening facing downwards and pour half the sauce on top. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Snip the chives. Serve the pancakes with the remaining sauce and sprinkled with the chives.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine