Asparagus and strawberry salad
Ready in: 0:35 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 12.05.2020
Last changes: 07.06.2020
- Put the cashew nuts in the blender jug. Remove the rind from the Parmesan and cut the cheese into 2-cm dice. Wash the mint, shake dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Put the mint leaves into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 15 seconds/speed setting 8. If necessary, use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug and mix again, with the measuring beaker in place, for 15 seconds/speed setting 8.
- Add the honey, olive oil and 1 pinch of salt and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 15 seconds/speed setting 4. Decant the pesto and wash the blender jug.
- Wash the green asparagus spears, cut off the woody ends and cut the spears into 3-cm pieces. Arrange the green pieces of asparagus in the shallow steamer basket.
- Wash and peel the white asparagus spears and cut off the woody ends. Cut the white asparagus into 3-cm pieces and arrange in the deep steamer basket.
- Pour 1 litre of cold water into the blender jug and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Hang the shallow steamer basket in the deep steamer basket, attach both, closed, to the blender jug, and cook with the steamer button/10 minutes.
- Remove the deep steamer basket and allow the asparagus to cool for 10 minutes.
- Hull and wash the strawberries and cut into thin slices.
- Put the asparagus pieces and the strawberries in a bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons of the pesto.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine