Ready in: 2:37 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 29.11.2018
- To make the pastry, cut the butter into cubes and put into the blender jug with the flour, salt, sugar and egg. With the measuring beaker in place, knead everything with the knead button. Shape the pastry into a ball, wrap in cling film and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- In the meantime, wash the asparagus thoroughly. Peel the lower third of the green asparagus and remove the woody end. Completely peel the white asparagus and cut off the woody end.
- Cut the asparagus into pieces 3 cm long, place them in the shallow steamer basket and season with salt, pepper and sugar. Hang the shallow steamer basket in the deep steamer basket and close. Pour 1 litre of water into the blender jug and cook the asparagus with the steamer button/15 minutes. Remove the shallow steamer basket and put aside closed. Rinse out the blender jug with cold water and dry.
- To make the topping, halve the Parmesan and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/3 seconds. Add all the remaining ingredients for the topping and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 3. Decant the topping and put in the refrigerator until needed.
- Grease the springform tin and pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and line the tin with it. Pull the pastry up to form a 3 cm edging, and prick the base with a fork several times.
- Line the pastry with greaseproof paper, lay baking beans on top and blind-bake for about 12 minutes. Then remove the paper and baking beans. Turn the oven down to 180 °C. Pour the topping onto the pastry, place the asparagus pieces on top and bake the quiche for 40 minutes.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine