Beef rump steaks sous-vide
Ready in: 2:00 h
Preparation time: 10 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
Last changes: 19.06.2020
- 30 minutes before preparing, take the beef rump steaks out of the refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature.
- Rinse the steaks under cold running water and pat dry, and vacuum seal the rump steaks in individual bags. Alternatively, put them in freezer bags. Place the freezer bags in water with the opening facing upwards and completely press out the air, then close firmly with pegs.
- Place the cooking pot in the blender jug and fill the blender jug with hot water up to just below the rim of the cooking pot. Put the lid on the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat the water for 20 minutes/setting 1/60 °C.
- Place the vacuum-sealed rump steaks in the cooking pot and gently push them into the water until they are completely covered. The steaks in freezer bags should be placed in the cooking pot so that the pegged bag openings face upwards.
- Add a little more hot water if necessary, but note the maximum fill level of the blender jug.
- Now, with the measuring beaker in place, cook the steaks for 1 hour/speed setting 1/55 °C to achieve medium rare to medium or, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 1 hour/speed setting 1/60 °C to achieve medium to well done.
- Pre-heat a frying pan on the hob on a high temperature, then pour in the sunflower oil. Remove the steaks from the bags, pat thoroughly dry with kitchen paper and fry each steak in the hot pan for 30 seconds on each side. Remove the steaks from the pan, season with salt and pepper on both sides and serve immediately.
You can make a tasty sauce from the meat juices in the bags.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine