Beef rump steaks sous-vide
- 15 minutes before preparing, take the steaks out of the refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature.
- Rinse the steaks and pat dry, then either vacuum seal in suitable bags or put in freezer bags. Place the freezer bags in water with the opening facing upwards and completely press out the air, then close firmly with pegs.
- Place the cooking pot in the blender jug. The vacuum-sealed steaks can be placed next to one another. The steaks in freezer bags should be placed in the cooking pot so that the pegged bag openings face upwards.
- Now fill the blender jug with enough hot tap water to completely cover the steaks, but no higher than the maximum fill point. If using freezer bags, ensure that the bag opening does not contact the water.
- Now, in each case, with the measuring beaker in place, cook the steaks for 60 minutes/speed setting 1/55 °C to achieve medium rare to medium or 60 minutes/speed setting 1/60 °C to achieve medium to well done.
- Pre-heat a frying pan on the hob on a high temperature, then pour in the sunflower oil. Remove the steaks from the bags, pat thoroughly dry with kitchen paper and fry each steak in the hot pan for 30 seconds on each side. Remove the steaks from the pan, season with salt and pepper on both sides and serve immediately.
You can make a tasty sauce from the meat juices in the bags.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine