Berlin-style petits pois
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 04.08.2016
Last changes: 01.09.2016
- Cover the dried peas with 1 litre of water and leave to soak overnight.
- Next day, peel the onions, cut in half and place in the blender jug, then process for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the chopped onion off the sides and back down into the container. Clean and peel the carrot and celeriac, then peel the potatoes. Dice all the ingredients, place in the blender jug and process for 8 seconds/speed setting 5 until roughly chopped. Transfer the contents and set aside. Clean the blender jug.
- Add the peas, together with the water they were soaked in, and the bay leaf to the blender jug. Rinse the pork knuckle and place in the steamer basket. Place the steamer basket in the blender jug and close the lid. Cook all the ingredients for 1 hour 30 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1/reverse button. Meanwhile, wash the leek, clean it and slice into thin rings.
- Once cooking time is complete, remove the steamer basket containing the pork knuckle, separate the meat from the bones and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add the meat, chopped vegetables and sliced leek, together with the salt, pepper and marjoram, to the peas in the blender jug, then simmer for a further 30 minutes/95 °C/speed setting 1/reverse button.
- Season the soup to taste, then serve garnished with parsley.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine