Boiled fillet of beef with a herb sauce
- Wash, trim and pat the herbs dry. Put them into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 8. Then decant.
- Peel the carrots, wash the celery, pat dry and cut into 2-cm pieces. Peel 1 onion and cut into rings. Place the carrots, celery, onion rings, juniper berries and the bay leaf in the deep steamer basket. Wash the beef, pat dry, season with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and place on top of the vegetables in the deep steamer basket.
- Peel the onions and garlic, halve the onions and put both ingredients in the blender jug with the measuring beaker in place, and chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 5. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add the oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, stew with the roast button/3 minutes.
- Pour the warm vegetable stock into the blender jug, close the steamer attachment, attach to the blender jug and cook the beef with the steamer button/1 hour. Then, remove the steamer attachment and put to one side. Thoroughly wash the potatoes (and peel, if you wish), place in the cooking pot and insert this in the blender jug.
- Reattach the steamer attachment and cook everything with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- Remove steamer attachment, decant the potatoes and pour the vegetable stock through a sieve. Reserve 400 ml of the stock and pour into the blender jug with the flour, soured cream and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. With the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, bring to the boil for 5 minutes/speed setting1/100 °C. Then add the herbs and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 10 seconds/speed setting 8.
- Cut the beef into slices 1 cm thick and serve with the carrots, celery, onions, potatoes and sauce.
Suitable fresh herbs are parsley, chervil, cress, chives and basil. If you would like an extra ‘zing’ in your sauce, add 2 tablespoons of creamed horseradish.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine