Bread dumplings with creamy chanterelle sauce
Ready in: 1:21 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 29.11.2018
- Cut the rolls into dice measuring 1.5 cm, put into a bowl and pour the milk on top. Allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the parsley and shake dry. Remove the leaves from the stalks and put into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Then decant.
- Peel and quarter the onion and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in the blender jug with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the butter in chunks and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat with the roast button/4 minutes/100 °C.
- Remove ⅔ of the onions from the blender jug and add to the bread mixture. Leave the remaining onions in the blender jug.
- Also add ⅔ of the parsley to the bowl with the bread mixture. Add the eggs, flour, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 pinch of nutmeg and mix everything together thoroughly by hand. If the mixture is too dry, simply add a little milk to it. If the mixture is too wet, you can add a little more flour to it.
- With damp hands, make four large dumplings from the mixture and place them in the deep steamer basket.
- Pour the vegetable stock at room temperature and cream into the blender jug.
- Trim the chanterelles and also add them to the blender jug. Attach the deep steamer basket containing the dumplings, close and steam with the reverse button/40 minutes/speed setting 1/120 °C. Check to see if the dumplings are cooked, and, if necessary, steam for a little longer.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, put the deep steamer basket containing the dumplings to one side, still closed.
- Put the soured cream and the remaining parsley into the sauce in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix together with the reverse button/5 seconds/speed setting 2.
- If necessary, you can thicken the sauce a little. To do this, stir the cornflour in 3 tablespoons of cold water and add to the sauce. Then, with the measuring beaker in place, boil with the reverse button/7 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C.
- Season the chanterelle sauce to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in with the reverse button/30 seconds/speed setting 2, and serve with the dumplings.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine