Ready in: 1:20 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 14.02.2018
Last changes: 08.05.2019
- Cube the butter and add to the blender jug along with the milk and sugar. Without the measuring beaker inserted, heat the contents for minutes/37 °C/speed setting 1. Crumble the yeast and dissolve it in the mixture without the measuring beaker inserted for another 2 minutes/37 °C/speed setting 1. Insert the measuring beaker and let the mixture stand for 2 minutes.
- Then add the flour, salt and egg and knead to a smooth yeast dough using the knead button/3 minutes without the measuring beaker inserted.
- Lightly flour a bowl and add the dough. Dust with flour and leave to prove in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Knead the dough once more on a floured surface and shape it into 8 rolls. Place the rolls on the baking parchment and leave them to prove again under a tea towel for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is proving, whisk the egg yolk with the milk, brush it over the rolls and sprinkle with sesame seeds, salt or poppy seeds if you wish. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown. Make sure that the rolls are completely cool before serving.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine