Carrot taco shells with tomato salsa, strips of beef steak and salad
Ready in: 1:02 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 29.11.2018
- To make the salsa, wash the coriander, shake dry and remove the leaves. Peel the onion and garlic and cut both in half. Put the coriander leaves into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Wash and halve the tomatoes, and remove the seeds. Add the tomato halves to the onions in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 4 seconds/speed setting 5. Season with cayenne pepper, lime juice, salt and pepper so that it is spicy and slightly sharp. Then decant and clean the blender jug.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C.
- To make the taco shells, cut up the cheese roughly, put in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 5. Decant the cheese and divide equally between 2 separate little bowls.
- Trim and peel the carrots, cut each one into 4 pieces, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add 50 ml water and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 5 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. Decant the carrots, drain in a sieve and cool until lukewarm. Rinse out the blender jug with cold water and dry.
- Put the eggs, coconut flour, psyllium husks, a pinch each of salt and pepper, the carrots, and one of the small bowls of cheese into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead with the knead button/1 minute.
- On a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, place 4 dough balls with plenty of space between them. Use your hands to make them as thin and round as possible. This works particularly well if your hands are damp. (If you have a small oven, to ensure that the tacos do not merge into one another, bake on 2 baking sheets one after the other.)
- Bake the tacos for 12 minutes until the edges are slightly brown and the dough is firmer. Allow the tacos to cool down a little, remove them from the greaseproof paper carefully, shape them into taco shells, place in an ovenproof dish so that they keep their shape.
- Wash the lettuce, spin it dry and cut into strips 1–2 cm wide.
- Cut the steak into thin strips and fry vigorously in a frying pan with very little oil, turning frequently, for 3 minutes. Season with pepper and salt.
- Fill the taco shells with strips of lettuce, tomato salsa, strips of steak and the rest of the grated cheese. Fold together and enjoy.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine