Cauliflower soup with spring herb pesto
Ready in: 0:43 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 23.01.2020
Last changes: 14.07.2019
- To make the pesto, peel the garlic clove. Remove the rind from the Parmesan and put the cheese in pieces in the blender jug with the garlic. Wash the herbs, shake dry, remove the leaves from the stalks and put the leaves into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop everything for 10 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug and add ½ teaspoon of salt. Add the lemon juice, 1 pinch of pepper and the olive oil. With the measuring beaker in place, mix again for 10 seconds/speed setting 8. If necessary, use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug and repeat the previous step. Decant the pesto and wash the blender jug.
- To make the soup, peel and quarter the onion. Peel the garlic clove and put it and the onion pieces into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add the olive oil. Then, the measuring beaker not inserted, stew with the roast button/2 minutes.
- Trim and wash the cauliflower and divide into florets. Put 400 g of florets into the blender jug. Peel and wash the potato and cut into 2-cm dice. Put the diced potato into the blender jug and stew with the cauliflower florets, the measuring beaker not inserted, with the roast button/1 minute/110 °C.
- Add the vegetable stock at room temperature, 1½ teaspoons of salt and 2 pinches of pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 20 minutes/speed setting 1/110 °C.
- Add the cream at room temperature, then, with the measuring beaker in place, blend the soup for 1 minute/speed settings 5–8, increasing the speed setting gradually.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in for 10 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Cut the protein bread into 1-cm dice and dry-fry for 5 minutes until crispy in a non-stick frying pan.
- Serve the soup with the pesto and croutons.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine