Cauliflower steaks with Asian marinade
Ready in: 0:40 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 03.05.2021
Last changes: 17.05.2021
- Peel the garlic clove. Cut the chilli pod in half, remove the seeds, wash inside and out, remove the stalk and cut into pieces 2 cm long. Put the garlic and chilli into the blender jug, and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/3 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the soy sauce (at room temperature) and honey. Rinse the lime under hot water, and pat dry. Zest and juice the lime. Put half of the zest and half of the juice into the blender jug and add the sesame oil. With the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 4. Then decant the marinade, and rinse out the blender jug.
- Fill the blender jug with 1 litre of warm water. Wash and trim the cauliflower heads, and put them in the deep steamer basket whole. Attach the deep steamer basket to the blender jug, and cook the cauliflower heads with the steamer button/10 minutes.
- Check to see if the cauliflower heads are cooked, and, if necessary, cook for 5 more minutes. Put the closed deep steamer basket to one side and empty the blender jug.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scrape out the flesh with a spoon into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 7. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug, and repeat the process, if necessary.
- Add the remaining zest and juice to the blender jug. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and the wasabi paste and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 4. Then decant.
- From the centre of each of the cauliflower heads, cut 2 steaks measuring 2 cm thick. Separate the remaining cauliflower into florets.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the cauliflower slices in it on both sides. Brush the marinade over them several times while frying. Finally, add the florets to the remaining marinade in the frying pan and fry.
- Serve the cauliflower steaks and florets with the avocado dip.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine