Cheese sauce with tortilla chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper. Cut the tortilla flatbreads into eighths. Mix together all the ingredients for the spiced oil. Place the tortilla pieces on the baking sheets and brush both sides with the spiced oil.
- Put the baking sheets in turn in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes and bake until the tortilla chips are golden and crispy.
- To make the cheese sauce, put the milk, cream, processed cheese slices, sambal oelek and mustard in the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, mix for 6 minutes/speed setting 2/70 °C.
- Add the salt, vinegar and paprika powder and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 10 seconds/setting 4.
- Serve the still-warm tortilla chips with the cheese sauce. If desired, sprinkle with pickled, sliced jalapeños.
Also tastes delicious with nachos and taco chips.
The sauce will thicken if it is chilled.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine