- Insert the mixer attachment into the blender jug. Put the egg and the sugar into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, beat until frothy for 1 minute/speed setting 4.
- Remove the mixer attachment and add the remaining ingredients to the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, knead with the knead button/2 minutes.
- Put the crumbly dough on a lightly floured work surface and knead through again by hand. Shape into a ball, cover and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to a thickness of 3 mm, and with a pastry wheel, cut into diamonds measuring 1 x 3 cm.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and deep-fry the chiacchiere until golden. Allow to drain on a piece of kitchen paper, and serve dusted with icing sugar, as desired.
Chiacchiere are typical Italian carnival treats. Depending on the region, they can be served hot, or in different shapes. The diamond shape is the traditional shape.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine