Chicken in a nest of potatoes with spring vegetables
Ready in: 1:10 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 08.02.2021
Last changes: 02.03.2021
- Remove the rind from the Parmesan, put the cheese in pieces into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 7. Repeat the process, if desired. Then decant and rinse out the blender jug.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into 3-cm pieces and place in the cooking pot. Pour 500 ml warm water into the blender jug, hang the cooking pot in it, sprinkle the potato with 1 teaspoon of salt, and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook with the steamer button.
- Remove the cooking pot from the blender jug and empty the blender jug. Put the potatoes, soft butter in pieces, the eggs, Parmesan and nutmeg into the blender jug, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 30 seconds/speed setting 4. Decant the potato puree and allow to cool. Clean the blender jug.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold running water, pat dry and dice into cubes measuring 3 cm. Wash and peel the carrots and cut into slices 1 cm thick. Cut thick carrots in half lengthways in advance.
- Wash the asparagus, peel the lower half, if desired, and cut off the woody ends. Then cut into pieces 5 cm long. Arrange the diced chicken in the deep steamer basket and season with ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper. Arrange the carrots and asparagus in the shallow steamer basket. Pour 1 litre of warm water into the blender jug, place the deep steamer basket on top with the shallow steamer basket inside, close and cook everything with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- Put the potato puree in the piping bag, and, on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, pipe 4 potato nests. Bake in the oven on the topmost shelf for 25 minutes.
- Put the closed deep steamer basket to one side. Empty the blender jug and rinse out several times with cold water.
- Peel and halve or quarter the onions and put them into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the soft butter in pieces and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat with the roast button/3 minutes. Put the flour into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, fold in for 2 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 2. Add the warm chicken stock, cream at room temperature, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 7. Then, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook for 5 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 2. Add chicken, carrots, asparagus and peas to the sauce in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat up with the reverse button/5 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1.
- Trim, wash and snip the spring onions.
- Fill the potato nests with the vegetables and chicken and serve sprinkled with snipped spring onions.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine