Chicken legs with spicy tomato and paprika marinade
- Peel the shallots, put them into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/3 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Add the oil, sugar and tomato purée and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté everything with the roast button/3 minutes/110 °C.
- Add the oregano, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, onion powder, paprika, chilli powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt and, with the measuring beaker in place, process everything for 15 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant the marinade.
- Rinse the chicken legs under running water and pat them dry thoroughly, then spread the marinade all over the legs and arrange them in a shallow roasting tin. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up the indirect heat zone of a barbecue. Take the chicken legs out of the tin and grill them on the zone with direct medium heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the chicken legs to the indirect heat zone and, with the lid on, grill for another 15 minutes until crispy and golden brown (see Tip), turning 2 or 3 times and basting with the marinade.
- Arrange the chicken legs or drumsticks on a large platter and serve immediately.
A slice of French bread or roast potatoes go well with this dish.
You can check whether the chicken is cooked by piercing it with a skewer – the juice should run clear.
The chicken legs can also be cooked in the oven. To do this, put a pan in the oven to act as a drip tray and cook the chicken legs on a grill grate on the middle shelf in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 45 minutes, brushing occasionally with some of the spiced oil.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine