Chicken tikka masala
Ready in: 3:58 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 20.04.2022
Last changes: 21.04.2022
- Rinse the chicken breasts in cold running water, pat them dry and cut into 2-cm pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Put the yoghurt and tikka masala pasta in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 4. Pour the mixture over the chicken and mix well. Put the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours. Clean out the blender jug.
- Pre-heat the oven grill to 225 °C. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and brush it with a thin film of vegetable oil. Arrange the chicken evenly on the greaseproof paper and grill for 12 minutes, turning it halfway through. Transfer to a bowl and set to one side.
- For the sauce, peel the garlic cloves, onion and ginger. Cut the ginger into thirds, halve the onion and put it in the blender jug with the garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 8.
- Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add the ghee and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté everything with the roast button/4 minutes/120 °C.
- Add the tomato purée, sugar and all of the spices and, with the measuring beaker in place, warm through for 2 minutes/speed setting 3/100 °C. Add the chopped tomatoes and hot chicken stock, and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 15 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C.
- Add the room-temperature cream and the ground almonds, and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend to a purée for 30 seconds/speed setting 10. Put the grilled chicken pieces in the blender jug and finish cooking with the reverse button/10 minutes/speed setting 1/90 °C.
Basmati rice or naan breads make a good accompaniment.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine