Chicken with peanut sauce, Asian-style vegetables and mashed sweet potato
Ready in: 1:04 h
Preparation time: 35 min.
Created on: 23.01.2020
Last changes: 14.07.2019
- To make the marinade, halve the chillis lengthways and deseed, wash them inside and out, and remove the stems. Cut into 2-cm pieces. Peel the ginger and cut in half. Peel the garlic clove. Wash the lime, pat dry and grate half the peel. Put the lime peel with the chilli, ginger and garlic into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug and repeat the previous step.
- Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug again, add the rapeseed oil and ½ teaspoon of salt and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the turbo button/2 seconds. Decant the marinade and rinse out the blender jug.
- Trim and wash the cauliflower and broccoli and divide into florets. Quarter the paprika, deseed, wash the pieces inside and out, and remove the stem. Cut into 2-cm pieces. Put the pieces of pepper, 350 g of cauliflower florets and 200 g of broccoli florets into the deep steamer basket.
- Rinse the chicken fillets under cold running water, pat dry and cut into 3-cm dice. Put the diced chicken into a bowl, cover with half of the marinade and put aside.
- To make the sweet potato mash, peel the potatoes, wash and cut into 2-cm dice. Pour 1 litre of hot water into the blender jug and add a teaspoon of salt. Put the potatoes in the cooking pot, insert the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, steam with the steamer button/7 minutes.
- Remove the lid of the blender jug and attach the deep steamer basket with the vegetables in. Pour the rest of the marinade over the vegetables and mix well. Attach the shallow steamer basket, arrange the chicken pieces in it and close the deep steamer basket. Cook everything with the steamer button/18 minutes, while cancelling the heating-up time. Finally check if the meat and vegetables are cooked, and, if necessary, extend the cooking time by a few minutes.
- Remove the deep steamer basket and put aside closed. Then remove the cooking pot and empty the blender jug. Put the sweet potatoes into the blender jug, and add the coconut milk (at room temperature), the curry powder and ½ teaspoon of salt. With the measuring beaker in place, blend everything for 20 seconds/speed setting 5. Decant the sweet potato purée and clean the blender jug.
- Peel the shallots, cut into quarters and put into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug, add the rapeseed oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/1 minute 30 seconds. Add the peanut butter, the coconut milk at room temperature and the soy sauce. With the measuring beaker in place, heat up for 2 minutes/speed setting 2/80 °C. Then, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Serve the chicken with the sweet potato mash, vegetables and peanut sauce.
For a less spicy marinade, use just 1 mild red chilli.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine