Chickpea burgers with mashed avocado
- Peel the onion, 1 garlic clove and the carrots. Halve the onion and cut the carrots into rough pieces. Put them into the blender jug with the garlic and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 15 seconds/speed setting 5. Then use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug. Add 20 ml olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/5 minutes/120 °C. Decant and clean the blender jug.
- To make the mashed avocado, peel 1 garlic clove, chop in the blender jug with the measuring beaker in place for 10 seconds/speed setting 5, and use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug. Wash the tomato, dry, remove the stalk, cut into quarters, put with the garlic clove and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 5. Halve the avocados, remove the stones and scrape the flesh out of the skin with a spoon. Juice the lime. Add the quark, avocados, 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and half of the lime juice and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 6. Place the mashed avocado into a bowl and chill. Wash and dry the blender jug.
- Wash the parsley and coriander, pat it dry, remove the leaves from the stems and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and drain. Put them with the breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, carrot mixture and 2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper into the blender jug and chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant the chickpea mixture and clean the blender jug.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and, in a frying pan, fry with the remaining oil on both sides until golden. In the meantime, put the tomato purée, agave syrup and the remaining lime juice into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Slice the rolls. Wash the rocket and shake it dry. Spread one side of the roll with mashed avocado, the other with the homemade ketchup, top with rocket and a chickpea patty, and serve.
If you like, place a slice of feta on top of the chickpea patty. Blackcurrant mustard goes well with this, instead of ketchup.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine