Chilled cucumber soup with avocado
- Peel and halve the shallot and garlic. Put both into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 7. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat everything with the roast button/3 minutes/110 °C. Remove the lid and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and peel the cucumbers and cut them in half lengthways. Scrape out the seeds by running a teaspoon down the halves and then cut them into rough pieces.
- Halve and stone the avocado, spoon the flesh out of the halves and put into the blender jug together with the lime juice.
- Wash the dill and shake it dry. Tear the needles from their stems and chop them finely.
- Add the cucumber pieces, two-thirds of the dill, vegetable stock and apple cider vinegar and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend everything until smooth for 20 seconds/speed setting 7. Season with Tabasco and salt until you have the right level of heat.
- Add the ice cubes and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend everything for 20 seconds/speed settings 4–8, increasing the speed gradually.
- Pour the soup into glasses or soup bowls, scatter over the rest of the dill and serve.
You could serve the soup with 200 g shredded smoked trout fillet or finely chopped smoked salmon on top.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine