Chocolate cake with white beans and strawberry cream
Ready in: 2:10 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 12.05.2020
Last changes: 03.08.2020
- Grease the loaf tin and dust with flour. Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C.
- Rinse the beans in a sieve under cold running water and drain, then put in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 25 seconds/speed setting 5. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug and stir again, with the measuring beaker in place, for 10 seconds/speed setting 5. Add the eggs, quark, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and chilli flakes and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 20 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 minutes. Carry out a skewer test using a wooden cocktail stick to check the cake is done, and bake for a little longer if necessary. Take the cake out of the oven and let it rest in the tin for 10 minutes. Release from the tin and allow to cool on a cake rack for 10 minutes. Clean the blender jug and rinse out with very cold water.
- Insert the mixer attachment into the blender jug. Pour the chilled cream into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, beat until stiff for 1 minute 30 seconds/speed setting 4, while keeping a close eye on it. The precise time depends on the temperature and the fat content of the cream. Add the no-soak gelatin slowly through the filler opening, then pour in the icing sugar. Decant the cream and put in the refrigerator. Rinse out the blender jug.
- Wash the strawberries and remove their stems. Cut large ones in half. Put the strawberries into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 20 seconds/speed setting 8.
- Carefully fold the puréed strawberries into the cream using a dough scraper. Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve the cake with the strawberry cream.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine