- First ensure that all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Put the egg, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, the mustard and 1 pinch each of salt, pepper and sugar into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 10 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Then, with the measuring beaker in place, set the appliance to 4 minutes/speed setting 4. Start the appliance and then pour the sunflower oil slowly onto the lid of the blender jug so that it drips inwards along the measuring beaker insert. Slowly increase the quantity of oil. The sauce should now have a fine creamy consistency.
- Use the spatula to scrape the mixture down the inside of the blender jug. Add the orange zest, ¼ teaspoon of salt, the paprika powder, pineapple juice, orange juice, tomato purée and the remaining lemon juice and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Season the cocktail sauce to taste with salt, pepper and paprika powder and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in the seasoning for 5 seconds/speed setting 4.
This cocktail sauce will keep in the refrigerator for approximately 3 days.
It goes particularly well with barbecued fruits de mer, bread and vegetables.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine