Cocktail tomato tart with salsa verde
Ready in: 1:55 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 01.06.2017
Last changes: 14.02.2018
- Place the flour, butter, a pinch of salt and the egg in the blender jug and work into a smooth pastry dough using the knead button. Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Wash out the blender jug.
- To make the filling, pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Wash, dry and halve the cherry tomatoes. Squeeze the tomato halves slightly and place them, cut-side down, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with icing sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mash the garlic cloves and spread evenly over the baking sheet together with the thyme (washed and shaken dry). Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the garlic and thyme, place the tomatoes in a sieve and leave them to drain.
- Place the eggs in the blender jug together with the cream and beat for 35 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Increase the oven setting to 200 °C. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line the greased tart pan. Crumble the sheep’s milk cheese and spread over the pastry base together with the tomatoes. Pour over the egg-and-cream mixture and bake in the centre of the oven for about 35 minutes. Clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- For the salsa verde, wash the herbs, shake dry, remove the leaves from the stalks and place in the blender jug. Peel the garlic clove, rinse the capers and anchovies and then pat dry. Place them in the blender jug together with the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and seasonings, and purée for 10 seconds/speed setting 8 with the measuring beaker in place. Use the spatula to scrape the mixture from the sides and repeat the process until the salsa verde reaches a creamy consistency. Serve the tart with the salsa verde.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine