Cod with broccoli and cauliflower couscous
Ready in: 0:35 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 30.01.2019
- Rinse the cod under running water, pat it dry and cut it into 4 pieces. Grease the shallow steamer basket with 1 teaspoon of oil and place the fish in it.
- Put the pecorino in rough chunks into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 10. Transfer the contents to another container.
- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower and divide them into small florets – you will need 300 g of each. Put the broccoli florets into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 6 seconds/speed setting 5. Do the same with the cauliflower florets. Arrange the chopped florets in the deep steamer basket and sprinkle them with ½ teaspoon of salt. Insert the shallow steamer basket containing the fish and close the lid.
- Pour the hot vegetable stock into the blender jug, attach the steamer attachment, including the shallow steamer basket, and cook everything with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the flaked almonds in a dry, coated pan over a medium heat until golden brown. Wash the chives, shake them dry and cut them into short lengths. Wash the lime with hot water, rub it dry, zest half of the peel and squeeze out the juice.
- In a small bowl, mix the soured cream with half of the chives until smooth, then add a few drops of lime juice and a pinch each of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the steamer attachment. Season each piece of cod with 2 pinches of salt and 1 pinch of pepper and set to one side in the shallow steamer basket, with the lid still on. Empty the blender jug, put the broccoli and cauliflower mixture into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the pecorino, the rest of the lime juice, and the lime zest with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 2. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix together with the reverse button/10 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Arrange the broccoli and cauliflower couscous on plates, lay the cod on top, garmish with a dollop of soured cream and the rest of the chopped chives, and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine