Colourful vegetables with sour cream
Ready in: 0:41 h
Preparation time: 10 min.
Created on: 10.02.2021
Last changes: 23.02.2021
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut into slices 1 cm thick. Cut thick carrots in half lengthways in advance. Peel the kohlrabi and dice into 2-cm cubes. Wash, trim and halve the sugar snap peas. Wash and trim the leek and cut into rings 1 cm thick. Cut thick leeks in half lengthways in advance.
- Pour 1 litre of warm water into the blender jug, and arrange the carrots, kohlrabi, sugar snap peas and leeks in both steamer baskets. Season the vegetables with 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Place the deep steamer basket on the blender jug. Hang the shallow steamer basket inside, close and cook with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, check to see if the vegetables are cooked and, if necessary, cook for a few minutes longer. Put the closed deep steamer basket to one side, empty the blender jug and rinse out several times with cold water.
- Peel and halve the onions and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add the butter and, the measuring beaker not inserted, stew with the roast button/2 minutes.
- Put the sour cream, mustard, warm vegetable stock, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and nutmeg into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 5 seconds/speed setting 4. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Then, the measuring beaker not inserted, simmer for 10 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1. Add the carrots, kohlrabi, leek, sugar snap peas and peas to the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend with the reverse button/4 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1.
- Wash the chives, shake dry and snip. Arrange the creamy vegetables into bowls and serve sprinkled with chives and sunflower seeds.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine