Courgette roulades in cream of tomato sauce
- Wash and trim the courgettes, then use a mandoline to plane them lengthways into thin slices. Remove the rind from the Gouda and plane 100 g into thin slices. Cut the cooked ham into 3-cm-wide strips. Lay the Gouda and ham on the courgette slices, roll them up and place them in the baking tin, with their opening at the top.
- Cut the remaining 100 g Gouda into 3-cm cubes, put them in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 10. Decant the Gouda and put to one side.
- Peel and halve the onion, peel the garlic cloves and put both into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds, then use the spatula to push the mixture down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/3 minutes/120 °C. Add the tomato purée, room-temperature cooking cream, paprika, oregano, ½ teaspoon of salt and 3 pinches of pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat for 5 seconds/120 °C/speed setting 3.
- Pour the sauce over the courgette roulades in the baking tin and scatter with the Gouda. Put the baking tin in the cold oven and bake for 30 minutes on 180 °C.
If you find it tricky to roll up the courgette slices, simply sprinkle them with a couple of pinches of salt and leave them for 10 minutes. After that, you should find it easier.
Rice or couscous go well with these courgette roulades.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine