Couscous salad with a chilli dressing
Ready in: 1:37 h
Preparation time: 25 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and allow to cool. While it’s cooling, fluff up the couscous occasionally with a fork.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Then put the leaves into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Then decant and reserve.
- Peel the and garlic and onions, put them into the blender jug with the measuring beaker in place, and chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Trim and quarter the pepper, wash inside and out, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 5. Then decant the vegetable mixture.
- Wash the courgette, cut off the ends, halve, quarter and chop in the blender jug, with the measuring beaker in place, for 4 seconds/speed setting 5. Then also decant and reserve. Rinse out the blender jug.
- Trim and quarter the mushrooms and place in the shallow steamer basket. Score across the tomatoes and place in the deep steamer basket. Pour 1 litre of hot water into the blender jug, hang the shallow steamer attachment in the deep steamer attachment, close, put it on the blender jug and cook with the steamer button/12 minutes. Carefully remove the steamer attachment. Take out the tomatoes, rinse under cold water, peel and remove the stems. Then remove the tomato cores and cut the flesh into little pieces.
- Mix the cooled couscous with the garlic, onions, peppers, courgette, tomatoes, mushrooms and parsley in a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper and chilli powder. Mix the dressing with the salad ingredients and allow to steep for 1 hour.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine