Couscous with chickpea salad and egg
- Pour 500 ml of room-temperature water into the blender jug. Place the eggs in the cooking pot and hang it in the blender jug. Place the deep steamer basket on the blender jug.
- Wash the broccoli, drain, remove the stalk and put to one side. Divide the broccoli into florets and cut lengthways in half, depending on size.
- Place the florets in the deep steamer basket and sprinkle with 2 pinches of salt.
- Close the deep steamer basket and cook the broccoli and eggs for 14 minutes/120 °C/speed setting 1. Remove the deep steamer basket, remove the cooking pot and rinse the eggs under cold water. Check to see if the broccoli is cooked; it should still be firm to the bite. If necessary, attach the deep steamer basket again and continue to cook the broccoli florets for 3 minutes/120 °C/speed setting 1.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, rinse the florets in a sieve under cold water, empty the blender jug, rinse with cold water and dry.
- To make the couscous, trim and wash the spring onions and snip the green section into 5-mm rings. Put to one side.
- Next cut the white part of the spring onions into pieces 3 cm long and put in the blender jug. Peel and halve the onion and put it in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 7 seconds/speed setting 7. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Peel the broccoli stalk, cut into 5-mm dice and add to the blender jug. Pour the olive oil into the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat with the roast button/3 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, tomato purée, the boiling-hot vegetable stock and the instant couscous. With the measuring beaker in place, allow the couscous to absorb the liquid with the reverse button/according to couscous packet instructions/speed setting 1. Then decant and fluff up immediately using 2 forks. Rinse out the blender jug.
- To make the chickpea salad dressing, peel and quarter the red onion. Put the pieces into the blender jug with the orange juice and olive oil (both at room temperature) and the balsamic vinegar and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 8 seconds/speed setting 7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chickpeas in a sieve, drain and mix with the dressing in a bowl. Wash and dry the tomatoes, remove the cores and dice the flesh into pieces measuring 2 cm. Add these to the chickpeas, then fold in the green sections of the spring onions.
- Wash the coriander and shake dry, then remove the stalks and coarsely chop the leaves.
- Arrange the couscous, chickpeas and the broccoli in bowls. Sprinkle the couscous with the coriander and top each bowl with half a boiled egg.
If you don’t like coriander, use flat-leaf parsley instead.
A great alternative is to serve with poached eggs instead of boiled eggs.
If an adult-only meal, add a little chilli to the couscous.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine