Crackers with peach chutney
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
- Put the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, linseeds, wholewheat flour, 150 ml of lukewarm water, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of salt into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead with the knead button. Put the dough onto a piece of greaseproof paper and clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- Using a floured rolling pin, on the greaseproof paper, roll out the cracker dough to a thickness of 3 mm and slide the paper onto a baking sheet. Then score the dough with a knife to make squares measuring 4 cm. Bake the crackers for 30 minutes. Then allow to cool and break apart along the lines made.
- To make the chutney, peel and halve the onions and put the pieces in the blender jug. Wash the rosemary, shake dry and remove the needles from the stems and add to the onion. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/3 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, stew with the roast button/110 °C.
- Wash the peaches, score crossways and scald with boiling water. Allow to steep briefly and then remove the skins. Remove the flesh from the stone and cut into 3-cm dice.
- Put the peach pieces, lime juice and 1 pinch of salt into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook with the reverse button/10 minutes/90 °C/speed setting 1. Then decant into a bowl and serve with the crackers.
You can add your own favourite mixture of seed and nuts to the cracker dough. Simply follow the instructions for quantities.
The crackers also go well with cream cheese and avocado dips.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine