Cream of beetroot soup
Ready in: 0:27 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 08.03.2021
Last changes: 14.04.2021
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into 2-cm pieces and place in the cooking pot. Pour the vegetable stock into the blender jug, hang the cooking pot inside the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook the potatoes with the steamer button/12 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the coriander and shake it dry. Remove the leaves from the stalks and chop the leaves finely. Cut the chilli pod lengthways, remove the seeds, and wash the pod inside and out. Then finely dice. Cut 7 beetroots into 2-cm pieces, then finely dice the remaining beetroot.
- Marinate the finely diced beetroot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. Stir in half of the chopped coriander.
- Remove the cooking pot containing the potatoes from the blender jug and empty it, reserving the vegetable stock.
- Put the large pieces of beetroot into the blender jug with the cooked potatoes. Crush the coriander seeds in a mortar and add to the blender jug with ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 pinches of pepper. Add 750 ml reserved vegetable stock and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 1 minute/speed settings 4–8, increasing the speed gradually. Use the spatula to scrape everything down the inside of the blender jug.
- Put the remaining coriander and the finely diced chilli pod into the blender jug with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. With the measuring beaker in place, stir for 30 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Serve the cream of beetroot soup with the marinated beetroot and 1 teaspoon of soured cream with each one.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine