Creamed spinach with scrambled eggs and potatoes
Ready in: 0:54 h
Preparation time: 25 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut them into halves or quarters, depending on their size, then place them in the deep steamer basket and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt over the top. Put 1 litre of water into the blender jug, insert the deep steamer basket, put on the lid and cook the potatoes with the steamer button.
- Meanwhile, cook the frozen spinach in a pan on the stove, following the packet instructions.
- Remove the deep steamer basket and set it to one side, with the lid still on. Empty out and dry the blender jug.
- Peel and halve the shallots and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop them for 8 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Use the spatula to scrape the chopped shallots down the inside of the blender jug, then add the butter and, the measuring beaker not inserted, melt it for 1 minute/speed setting 2/60 °C.
- The measuring beaker not inserted, sauté the shallots with the roast button/4 minutes/110 °C.
- Add the spinach to the shallots in the blender jug, pour in the cream and, the measuring beaker not inserted, simmer for 4 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C.
- Then, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 10 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and 1 big pinch of nutmeg and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for another 30 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Remove the spinach, season it to taste once more if necessary, then keep it warm and clean out the blender jug thoroughly.
- To make the scrambled eggs, put the eggs, the milk and a glug of mineral water into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, beat for 10 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Season with ½ teaspoon salt, 2 big pinches of pepper and 2 big pinches of nutmeg, and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for another 30 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Melt the butter in a coated pan over a medium heat, then pour in the egg mixture. Turn up the heat and stir the mixture gently until the eggs begin to set but are still creamy.
- Serve the scrambled eggs with the potatoes and spinach.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine