Creamy chicken fricassée with rice
- Put the rice in the cooking pot, and the bay leaves in the blender jug. Place the cooking pot in the blender jug and pour the hot stock over it.
- Rinse the chicken breast fillets under cold running water, pat dry and dice into cubes of 2.5 cm in length.
- Season the meat all over with 4 pinches of pepper and ¼ teaspoon of salt, arrange in the deep steamer basket, attach the basket closed with its lid on, and steam with the steamer button/15 minutes. Put to one side closed with the lid still in place.
- Remove the cooking pot from the blender jug and put to one side. Pour the stock out of the blender jug and reserve 200 ml. Remove the bay leaves.
- Peel and halve the onion, and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in the blender jug for 10 seconds/speed setting 5. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the cold butter in chunks and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/5 minutes.
- Add the flour and reserved stock and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 20 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Add the drained capers, cream and lemon juice and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 5 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Put the meat in a serving dish and pour over the sauce. Serve with the rice.
If you like, you can add pre-cooked pieces of asparagus, peas and button mushrooms to the fricassée.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine