Creamy pepper chicken with rice
Ready in: 0:32 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 23.01.2020
Last changes: 20.08.2019
- Wash the parsley, shake it dry, remove the leaves from the stems and put the leaves into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant and rinse out the blender jug.
- Peel and halve the onion and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in the blender jug with the turbo button/1 second. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug. Add the butter and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sweat the chopped onions with the roast button/2 minutes/110 °C.
- Wash, quarter and deseed the pepper, wash the pieces inside and out, and remove the stem. Cut into 0.5-cm slices. Rinse the chicken fillets under cold running water, pat dry and cut into 1.5-cm strips.
- Put the strips of chicken in a dish, mix with 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika powder, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and arrange with the pieces of pepper in the deep and shallow steamer baskets.
- Place the cooking pot in the blender jug and add the rice. Pour the hot vegetable stock over the rice in the blender jug. Hang the shallow steamer basket in the deep steamer basket, attach to the blender jug, close and cook with the steamer button/10 minutes.
- Remove the steamer attachment while still closed, remove the cooking pot and put both aside.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cold water, put into the blender jug with the cream (at room temperature), ajvar, tomato purée and 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika powder and the vegetable stock. The measuring beaker not inserted, reduce for 5 minutes/130 °C/speed setting 3. If necessary, season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 10 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Arrange the rice, chicken and the strips of pepper on plates. Serve with the cream sauce and garnish with parsley.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine