Creamy polenta with lentil bolognese
- To make the lentil bolognese, wash the parsley, shake dry, remove the stalks and put the leaves in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6 and decant.
- Peel and quarter the onion and peel the garlic. Wash and peel the carrot and cut into slices 2 cm long. Put the onion, garlic and carrot into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 6 seconds/speed setting 7. Use the spatula to scrape the onions down the inside of the blender jug, add the olive oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, stew with the roast button/4 minutes/110 °C.
- Add the lentils, hot vegetable stock and the tomatoes, and, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook with the reverse button/10 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1. Use the cooking pot as a splash guard on the lid of the blender jug. In the meantime, trim, wash and snip the spring onions into fine rings.
- Add the cream (at room temperature), spring onions and all the seasoning except the balsamic vinegar, stir in briefly using the spatula and, the measuring beaker not inserted, cook with the reverse button/5 minutes/90 °C/speed setting 1. Use the cooking pot as a splash guard on the lid of the blender jug. Once the cooking time has elapsed, check that the lentils are soft; otherwise continue to cook with the measuring beaker in place, with the reverse button/3 minutes/90 °C/speed setting 1.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and season the bolognese to taste with salt and pepper. With the measuring beaker in place, stir with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Decant the lentil bolognese, put in a warm place and clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- To make the polenta, remove the rind from the Parmesan, cut the cheese into pieces approx. 2 cm long, place in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 20 seconds/speed setting 10. Then decant and rinse out the blender jug.
- Pour 800 ml of hot water and 1 teaspoon of salt into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, bring to the boil for 5 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1. The measuring beaker not inserted, set the machine to 12 minutes/80 °C/speed setting 2 and start. At the same time, pour the polenta slowly into the blender jug through the lid opening, then insert the measuring beaker and cook the polenta.
- Add 50 g of Parmesan and the softened butter chopped into pieces to the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in for 1 minute/speed setting 2. If desired, let the polenta absorb the liquid for another 5 minutes in the closed blender jug (it will become firmer), then serve with the lentil bolognese and the parsley, sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan.
If the dish is for an adult-only meal, replace 100 ml of vegetable stock with the same quantity of red wine.
This lentil bolognese also goes well with pasta.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine