Crema di limoncello
Ready in: 240:26 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 29.11.2018
Last changes: 10.06.2021
- Wash the lemons in hot water, dry and zest. Be careful not to include any of the white pith as it is bitter. Put the lemon zest into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2x2 seconds. In between each stage, use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add the vodka and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix together for 7 seconds/speed setting 7. Pour the mixture into a sterilised bottle, seal well and allow to infuse for 10 days in the refrigerator. Shake it from time to time.
- On the 11th day, put the milk, cream, sugar and the vanilla paste or pulp into the blender jug, and, the measuring beaker not inserted, boil for 5 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C. Then, without the measuring beaker in place, boil for 5 minutes/speed setting 2/90 °C. Pour the lemon vodka through a fine sieve into the boiling cream.
- With the measuring beaker in place, boil for 1 minute/speed setting 2/110 °C. Then, with the measuring beaker in place, boil for 2 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C.
- While the liquid is still boiling hot, pour into a sterilised bottle and chill.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine