Ready in: 2:00 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- Juice the lemon. To make the liquid caramel, melt 200 g sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Swirl the contents of the pan carefully from side to side. As soon as the liquid turns golden, slowly pour on 100 ml warm water. Note: the mixture will splutter, so stir slowly and carefully. The syrup is ready as soon as the sugar has dissolved. Cover the base of the ramekins with 2 tablespoons of liquid caramel each.
- Stir the milk, eggs and remaining sugar in the blender jug, with the measuring beaker in place, for 20 seconds/speed setting 4. Divide the egg and milk mixture carefully between the ramekins and cover them tightly with aluminium foil. If the ramekins are not properly sealed, too much steam will get into the mixture and it will not set properly. Rinse out the blender jug.
- Pour 1 litre of lukewarm water into the blender jug. Put 4 ramekins in the deep steamer basket and 2 in the shallow steamer basket. Attach the steamer attachment to the blender jug, hang the shallow steamer basket inside, close and cook the cream with the steamer button/30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil from the ramekins and check to see whether the cream is solid using a cocktail stick. If the cream sticks to the cocktail stick, close the ramekins firmly again and cook again with the steamer button/5 minutes.
- Lift the ramekins out of the steamer attachment, let the cream cool down, and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine