Crispy knuckles of pork with mustard and honey glaze and radish salad
Ready in: 3:50 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 05.09.2019
Last changes: 08.09.2019
- Wash the pork knuckles under cold running water and pat dry. Score the crackling crosswise (without cutting into the meat), place the meat in the deep steamer basket and sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Pour 1 litre of water at room temperature into the blender jug, close the steamer attachment and put it in place, then cook everything with the steamer button/1 hour.
- Put the deep steamer basket aside, keeping the lid on, then empty out and clean the blender jug. Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
- Mix the mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil and ½ teaspoon of salt together in a small bowl. Place a roasting grid on a dripping pan (deep baking tin) and put the pork knuckles on top. Brush the meat side of the knuckles with the marinade.
- Pour 250 ml water at room temperature into the dripping pan and put the knuckles into the oven, resting on the grid on the dripping pan. (If the dripping pan and grid do not fit onto the middle oven shelf together, slide the dripping pan onto the shelf below. Roast the pork knuckles for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Brush the meat side with the marinade every now and then, and baste the crackling with lukewarm water. Top up the water in the dripping pan if necessary.
- To make the radish salad, trim and wash the radishes, halve any large ones, and put them into the blender jug. Trim and wash the celery, cut into 2-cm-long pieces and add to the radishes. Wash the parsley, shake it dry, tear off the leaves and put them in the blender jug.
- When the pork knuckles are cooked, place under the grill for around 10 minutes to get the crackling crispy, if you wish, keeping a constant eye on it.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, crème fraîche, ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper to the radish mixture in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug, add the capers, season with salt and pepper, then mix again with the reverse button/5 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Cut the pork knuckles in half and serve with the radish salad.
Sweet mustard, pretzels or rye bread go well with this dish.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine