Easter bunnies in a plant pot
Preparation time: 45 min.
Created on: 08.08.2016
Last changes: 01.09.2016
- Break half the chocolate into pieces, add to the blender jug, then process for 10 seconds/speed setting 8 until coarsely chopped. Transfer to another bowl, then thoroughly clean the blender jug.
- Tip the quark into a sieve and allow to drain. Stand the plant pots in cold water for 30 minutes. Cut out 6 circles (each 14 cm in diameter) from a sheet of baking paper, making another cut from the outside edge into the centre of each one. Remove the pots from the cold water, dry, then line with a circle of baking paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Add the quark to the blender jug along with the milk, oil, sugar, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt, then blend for 30 seconds/speed setting 4. Combine the flour and baking powder and sift over the mixture in the jug. Mix all the ingredients for 30 seconds/speed setting 4 until the mixture forms a smooth dough. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little extra flour and mix for another 15 seconds/speed setting 4. Set aside one third of the dough mixture for the heads and ears, then divide the remaining dough into 6 equal portions. Press some of the chopped chocolate into the middle of each portion of dough, then place the dough balls in the pots. Lightly swirl the egg yolk and milk together, then brush a little of this mixture over the dough balls. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- To make the heads, shape the remaining dough into 6 teardrop-shaped balls. Cut into the pointed end using a sharp knife – the points will eventually become the two ears. Use raisins to make the eyes and noses, stick three slivered almonds into dough on either side of the bunny’s nose (to make the whiskers). Arrange the bunny heads on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and brush with the rest of the egg yolk and milk mixture. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Break the rest of the chocolate into pieces, then add to the blender jug. Process for 10 seconds/speed setting 8 until roughly chopped. Melt for 7 minutes./50 °C/speed setting 1. Brush the base of the bunny heads with melted chocolate, then press the heads straight onto the bodies. Leave to set and eat the same day.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine