Falafel with yoghurt dip
Ready in: 12:30 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 06.11.2018
- The day before, soak the chickpeas in 2 litres of cold water for 12 hours.
- Wash ½ a bunch of parsley, shake dry, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Add the yoghurt, honey, 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper and lemon juice, and with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 1 minute/speed setting 2. Decant into a bowl and rinse out the blender jug.
- Drain the chickpeas in a sieve, rinse through with cold water and pour into the blender jug.
- Wash the remaining parsley and coriander, shake dry and remove the leaves. Put into the blender jug. Peel the shallots and halve, and peel the garlic. Put both into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the drained chickpeas, harissa and the remaining salt for 10 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug and repeat this step a few times until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Decant the mixture and, using two spoons, cut out round shapes. Heat the oil in a deep pan or wok and fry the falafel until golden. Allow to drain on kitchen paper and serve with the yoghurt dip.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine