- Peel and halve the onions and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in the blender jug with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Dice the bacon into 1-cm cubes, add to the onions to the blender jug and, the measuring beaker not inserted, fry with the roast button.
- Add the milk, eggs, 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper to the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir with the reverse button/30 seconds/speed setting 2. Then decant and rinse out the blender jug.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and dice into 1-cm cubes. Wash, trim and halve the tomatoes. Fill the blender jug with 1 litre of warm water. Line the shallow steamer basket with greaseproof paper, cutting the paper so as to leave the steam slits free. Place the shallow steamer basket in the deep steamer basket and attach both to the blender jug. Arrange the pieces of potato and tomato on the greaseproof paper and cover with the egg mixture. Close the deep steamer basket and cook everything with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- Cut the gherkins into pieces 1 cm long. Wash the chives, shake dry and snip into small pieces. Arrange the cooked ingredients on plates and serve with the gherkins, sprinkled with chives.
You might like to supplement your farmer’s breakfast with other vegetables such as broccoli and peas. To do this, simply reduce the quantity of potatoes and tomatoes accordingly.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine