Farmer’s loaf baked in a clay pot
Ready in: 2:38 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 12.05.2020
Last changes: 21.09.2020
- Pour the chilled buttermilk into the blender jug with 150 ml cold water. Crumble the yeast in and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat for 3 minutes/speed setting 1/37 °C. Allow the mixture to rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead into a smooth dough with the knead button/1 minute 30 seconds.
- Decant the dough into a bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and fold several times from the outside into the middle until the dough feels elastic. Form the dough into a loaf and put in a greased and floured clay pot. If desired, score with a sharp knife and dust with a little flour. Allow to rise again for 20 minutes whilst covered in the clay pot.
- Put the closed clay pot in the cold fan oven and then bake for 1 hour at 240 °C.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine