Faux fried egg cakes
Ready in: 0:53 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 31.03.2020
Last changes: 23.01.2020
- Put 250 g of sugar into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, pulverise for 10 seconds/speed setting 8. If necessary, use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug and repeat the process. Then decant the resulting icing sugar.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 °C. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Insert the mixer attachment into the blender jug. Put the eggs, remaining sugar and vanilla sugar into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 5 minutes/speed setting 3/37 °C. Then, with the measuring beaker in place, beat for 5 minutes/speed setting 4.
- Mix the flour and cornflour, put into the blender jug with a pinch of salt and, with the measuring beaker in place, fold in for 20 seconds/speed setting 3. Put dough onto the baking sheet, smooth it out and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the sponge and allow to cool completely.
- Take a sharp knife and cut fried egg shapes out of the sponge and place on a cake rack. Mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice until thick and creamy (add a little water if necessary) and coat the individual little cakes with it.
- Put the apricots in a sieve and drain well. Press half an apricot (to resemble an egg yolk) into each little cake on top of the still-damp icing, and allow to dry.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine