Fish curry with mango and coriander
- Wash the coriander and shake dry, remove the leaves, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant the coriander and rinse out the blender jug.
- Peel and quarter the onion, peel garlic and ginger, and put them all in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/2 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug, add the sunflower oil and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/5 minutes/120 °C.
- Deglaze using the warm vegetable stock, room-temperature coconut milk and soy sauce.
- Rinse the cod under cold running water and pat dry. Place in the shallow steamer basket and season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Attach the deep steamer basket to the blender jug. Hang the shallow steamer basket in the deep steamer basket, close and cook everything with the steamer button/10 minutes. Then put the closed deep steamer basket to one side.
- Peel the mango, cut the stone from the flesh and dice into 2-cm pieces in size. Wash, quarter and deseed the pepper, wash the pieces inside and out, and remove the stem. Cut into 0.5-cm pieces.
- Add the strips of pepper, peas, diced mango, lime juice, turmeric, cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper to the sauce in the blender jug, and, the measuring beaker not inserted, reduce with the reverse button/10 minutes/speed setting 1/110 °C. To thicken the sauce, stir the cornflour in 50 ml cold water until smooth and pour into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, cook the sauce with the reverse button/2 minutes/speed setting 1/110 °C. Season with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/10 seconds/speed setting 2. Remove the measuring beaker and allow the sauce to infuse for another 5 minutes.
- Cut the cod into bite-size pieces, arrange in soup dishes, pour over the sauce and serve sprinkled with chopped coriander, chilli flakes and sesame seeds.
This recipe also tastes delicious using chicken or turkey breasts instead of fish. To prepare, cut the meat into 1.5-cm-wide strips before steaming.
When steaming, other vegetables such as broccoli florets or sugar snap peas can be cooked in the deep blender basket at the same time.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine