Fish dumplings with tomato sauce
Ready in: 2:06 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 12.05.2020
Last changes: 07.09.2020
- An hour in advance, take the fish from the freezer and thaw slowly.
- Mix the cinnamon, cumin, ½ teaspoon of pepper and 1½ teaspoons of salt and put to one side. Dice the bread roll into 2-cm cubes and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in the blender jug for 4 seconds/speed setting 10. Decant the breadcrumbs. Trim, wash and dry the spring onions and snip into little rolls 0.5 cm wide taken from the light green to the white section, and put to one side. Peel and wash the potatoes, cut into quarters or eighths, depending on their size, and put in the cooking pot.
- Cut the defrosted cod into pieces 2 cm long, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 15 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Add half the cinnamon and spice mixture, the breadcrumbs, the snipped spring onions, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of parsley, 2 tablespoons of cream and the egg. With the measuring beaker in place, mix everything for 20 seconds/speed setting 5. (Alternatively, decant the mixture into a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool down.) Clean the blender jug thoroughly.
- Peel the onion and garlic, and cut the onion into eighths. With the measuring beaker in place, chop both in the blender jug for 5 seconds/speed setting 8. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Add the olive oil, tomato purée and sugar, and, the measuring beaker not inserted, sauté with the roast button/4 minutes/110 °C. In the meantime, use your hands to quickly shape the fish mixture into golf ball-sized dumplings, then arrange in the shallow steamer basket.
- Add the passata, hot vegetable stock, remaining cinnamon and spice mixture and oregano to the blender jug. Attach the cooking pot holding the potatoes, place the deep steamer basket with the shallow steamer basket inserted on top and close. Cook everything for 30 minutes/120 °C/speed setting 2. Check at the end of the cooking time that the potatoes and fish dumplings are cooked and, if necessary, cook for a few minutes more.
- Remove the deep steamer basket and put aside closed. Lift out the cooking pot and let the steam on the potatoes evaporate. Stir the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth, put into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, finish cooking the sauce for 2 minutes/120 °C/speed setting 2. If desired, season again to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 20 seconds/speed setting 2.
- Arrange the fish dumplings on the tomato sauce and serve with the potatoes, sprinkled with the remaining parsley.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine