Four berry jam
- Sort, wash and drain all the berries.
- Remove the redcurrants from their stalks and put them in the blender jug with the blueberries. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6.
- Add the jam sugar, and with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 1 minute/speed setting 2. Cover and steep for 2 hours.
- Clean and halve or quarter the strawberries.
- Leave the raspberries whole and put them with the strawberry pieces in the blender jug with the other fruits.
- Add the lemon juice, then stir everything well with the spatula and then, with the measuring beaker in place, boil for 12 minutes/speed setting 1/120 °C.
- Do a set test and, if necessary, boil the jam for a little longer.
- Purée the jam if desired.
- Then fill sterile jars with the jam while it is boiling hot. If the jam touches the rim of the jar, wipe it away. Seal the jars immediately and stand them upside down for 5 minutes. Then turn them the right way up again and let them cool completely.
Put a teaspoon of the hot jam on a cold plate, then tip the plate slightly. If it runs easily, cook the jam for another minute. Then try again. If after a short time the mixture is wrinkling, it has passed the set test.
If you like your jam fruity, use 500g jam sugar 1:2.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine