French courgette flan
Ready in: 1:25 h
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 09.07.2021
Last changes: 12.08.2021
- Put all the ingredients for the shortcrust pastry into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead with the knead button/2 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the blender jug, roll into a ball and chill for 30 minutes. Clean the blender jug.
- Remove the rind from the Comté, cut into 3-cm pieces and place in the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 8. Then decant the cheese.
- Put the goat’s cheese and egg into the blender jug. Wash the thyme, shake dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Put the thyme, mustard, ½ teaspoon of salt and 3 pinches of pepper into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Trim, wash and pat dry the courgettes and tomatoes. Cut the courgettes into thin 5-mm slices. Remove the core from the tomatoes and cut the flesh into 5-mm slices.
- Roll the pastry out thinly on a floured work surface and place in the greased flan dish. Trim off the projecting edge.
- Arrange the slices of vegetables in a fan shape on the pastry and pour the egg and cheese mixture on top. Then sprinkle with the cheese and bake the pre-heated oven for 35 minutes.
The flan tastes best when warm, but can also be eaten cold.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine