Garlic bubble bread
- Remove the rind from the Parmesan and put the cheese in pieces in the blender jug. Peel the garlic clove and add. With the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 15 seconds/speed setting 10. Add the herbs and ½ teaspoon of salt and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 7. Decant the mixture.
- Put the chilled buttermilk and the butter in pieces into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat for 2 minutes/55 °C/speed setting 2. Add the remaining ingredients and, with the measuring beaker in place, knead into a smooth dough with the knead button/2 minutes.
- Decant the sticky dough into a bowl, cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and divide into 16 portions. Shape the raw dough into smooth balls and place side by side on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Brush the dough balls with olive oil and sprinkle with the herbs. Allow to rise again on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C (fan).
- Bake the garlic bubble bread in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
The leftover salt can be kept in a well-sealed jar in the refrigerator where it will keep for a week.
If you like a more garlicky taste, add more garlic cloves.
Add all the cheese and herb salt apart from 2 tablespoons to the remaining dough ingredients and knead as described. Then put the dough in a springform tin lined with greaseproof paper, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and herb salt. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 °C for 20 minutes.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine