Gin and tonic sorbet
Ready in: 8:10 h
Preparation time: 10 min.
Created on: 30.01.2019
- Wash the lime in hot water and rub it dry. Grate off the zest and put it and the sugar into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, process it to a powder for 20 seconds/speed setting 10. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Add 200 ml hot water and, with the measuring beaker in place, bring to a boil for 5 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C.
- Wash the basil, shake it dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Place the basil leaves, lime juice, gin and tonic water in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for 30 seconds/speed setting 10.
- Line the baking tin with cling film and pour the sorbet mixture into it. Keep in the freezer for 8 hours.
- Remove the tin from the freezer, surround it with hot water for 10 seconds, then use the cling film to lift the sorbet out of the tin and transfer it to a chopping board. Remove the cling film and use a knife to cut the sorbet into cubes of approximately 4 x 4 cm. Place the cubes in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 10 seconds/speed setting 8.
- Serve the sorbet immediately.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine