Healthy salad with chickpeas and feta
- Pour the chickpeas in a sieve, rinse and drain. Then pour into a large bowl.
- Wash the parsley and mint, shake dry and remove the leaves from the stalks. Put the leaves into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug and repeat the previous step. Add the herbs to the chickpeas.
- To make the dressing, peel and halve the onion and put it into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop finely for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and the paprika powder and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix everything for 20 seconds/speed setting 7. Add to the chickpeas.
- Wash and drain the sugar snap peas, remove their strings and cut into halves or thirds, depending on their size. Also add to the chickpeas.
- Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes and roughly chop in the blender jug with the measuring beaker in place for 3 seconds/speed setting 5. Also add to the chickpeas.
- Put the feta in rough pieces into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, crumble for 4 seconds/speed setting 4 and add to the other salad ingredients.
- Dry-fry the sunflower seeds in a frying pan on a medium heat. Sort and wash the rocket and dry in a salad spinner, then tear into bite-size pieces.
- Arrange the sunflower seeds and rocket over the salad and mix everything together carefully.
The salad can be made ahead of time as a packed lunch, for the office for example. In this case, add the rocket to the salad just shortly before eating.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine